THE CALL: Respond for one slumped over the wheel
THE SCENE: Intersection of Powedr Mill Rd and New Hampshire Ave. A guy is asleep behind the wheel in the turn lane of Northbound New Hamp. Ave, with three people surrounding him (they called 911). We get there and they tell us he's been there for "a couple hours" not moving.
HOW IT WENT DOWN:
- DAVE: [Goes up to the man's halfway rolled-down window] "What's up man."
- GUY: [Clearly drunk, but now awake] "hmmmmmm"
- DAVE: "You alright?"
- GUY: "Yeah man, I'm cool."
- DAVE: "What are you doing?"
- GUY: "Driving home." [First mistake]
- DAVE: "Where do you live?
- GUY: "I live in Greenbelt" [He's going Northbound on New Hampshire Ave...second mistake]
- DAVE: "Greenbelt's the other way, homie."
- GUY: "I know. That's why I'm in the turn lane."
- DAVE: "Ok. You been drinking?"
- GUY: "Nah man, I'm cool. Oh, there's my light..." [Guy drives away. The light is clearly red.]
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment